- GFMD Thematic Note for 2020 regional consultationsLeveraging Technology to Empower Migrants
- GFMD Thematic Note for 2020 regional consultationsThe Governance of Labour Migration in the Context of Changing Employment Landscapes
- GFMD Thematic Note for 2020 regional consultationsFostering Partnerships to Realize Migration-Related Goals in the Sustainable Development Agenda and Managing the Future of Human Mobility
Join the GFMD Asia/Middle East regional consultations in July 2020.
Co-hosted with the Abu Dhabi Process, the GFMD Asia/Middle East consultations will take place in July. IOE encourages all members from the Asia/Middle East region to join this consultation process.
Issues covered in the different sessions are:
- Leveraging new technologies to empower migrants
- The governance of labour migration in the context of changing employment landscapes
- Fostering partnerships to realise migration-related goals in the sustainable development agenda and managing the future of human mobility
The three topics will be addressed at a general opening session, and more in depth at three breakout sessions. The consultations will conclude with a closing/wrap up session. Dates for the sessions are the following:
- 6 July, 1pm – 3pm (GMT): Opening Plenary
- 9 July, 1pm – 3pm (GMT): Thematic Breakout Sessions
- 13 July, 1pm – 3pm (GMT): Closing Plenary
The GFMD-led sessions will provide an opportunity to give crucial inputs into the GFMD Background Papers, to be presented during the Summit in Dubai in January 2021. IOE urges all Asia/Pacific members to review the Background Papers in the resource section and available on the GFMD website. Please send your feedback to Stephanie Winet (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 10 July2020.
The participation to the different sessions is limited. Your local business perspective in this multi-stakeholder platform is needed. Please contact Bouchra Marclay (marclay(at)ioe-emp.com) to register to take part in one of the sessions.
We look forward to receiving your inputs.